Reliable Methods to Fix the 0x8004010F Error
With more people working remotely across the globe, the amount of emails and sharing practices has increased exponentially. Knowing more about the error code 0x8004010F and fixing the “Outlook data file cannot be accessed” issue can help to improve your emailing processes and protect your vital information, especially when you’re on a deadline or trying to email and share a file with someone else.
Without being limited to changing your Outlook delivery location or making a new Outlook profile, check out other methods of getting your emails back. For example, we recommend using the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook error code 0x8004010F repair service, which includes an online tool to solve the “Outlook data file cannot be accessed” error.
The error code 0x8004010F appears quite frequently in Outlook 2010. Most of the time, it will show up while you use Outlook to send or receive messages. For example, the following text may show up on the screen:
- 0x8004010F: Outlook data file cannot be accessed.
- 0x8004010F: The operation failed. An object could not be found.
You have no choice but to recognize that this mistake has the potential to inflict significant damage – not just on you, but also on others who are unable to receive emails from you.
The reason behind the issue, “Outlook data file cannot be accessed.”
Knowing the reasons for Error 0x8004010F can help you avoid future issues with Outlook – so you must have a solid understanding of the causes.
- Damage caused by malware or a virus.
- An issue occurred during the upgrade of Outlook, which resulted in the 0x8004010F error in Outlook.
- Outlook profile problems.
- The data files for Outlook are not stored in the appropriate location.
- Outlook’s data file is too large for the program to handle.
Now, let’s move on to some potential solutions for the 0x8004010F error.
Method 1. Change Outlook Delivery Location
The error code 0x8004010F can be resolved by altering the delivery location used by Outlook.
Proceed in the following manner:
- After clicking the Start button, go to the Control Panel and select the Mail icon. Then, go to Mail Settings and choose the Show Profiles option.
- Choose the active profile, go to the Properties menu, and click on the Data Files tab.
- You will now be prompted to provide the name and current location of the data file corresponding to your profile. This file will serve as the default option.
- Ensure that you mark it, then close this window.
If after attempting this approach, you are still unable to access the Outlook data file, move to the following method.
Method 2. Make and Use a New Outlook Profile
You can make a new profile if the 0x8004010F problem continues to plague your computer. That can be carried out in either an automated or a manual manner.
If you would rather go with the first choice, please proceed as follows:
- Follow the instructions for the first way until you reach the point where you can see the Show Profiles tab.
- To add anything, choose the General tab and click the Add button. Ensure the box labeled “Always use this profile” is checked. In the box labeled “Add New Account,” you will be allowed to fill in various information.
- After that, choose the OK button. The email address will be shown in the new window that has opened. Click OK -> Done.
For the manual setup of the profile, these are the procedures you need to follow:
- Launch the System Preferences panel. Click the mouse’s left button on the “Show profiles” option in the new window titled “Mail Setup – Outlook.”
- Click the Add button after selecting the active profile. You will need to choose a new name with the new profile.
- You will need to give the new Outlook profile a name. Select the OK button.
- You will then be presented with a new window labeled “Add a new account.” Within this window, you must choose the option “Manually specify server settings or extra server types.” Now click the Next button. Next, you must input your email address into the new box labeled “Choose Service.” Then, just go on to the next step.
- Enter your account details in the “Internet Email Settings” section, then click the “Test Account Settings” button. You will then be able to validate this account.
- After that, choose “Existing Outlook Data File” followed by “Browse” and “Open Outlook Data File” from the drop-down menus. There will be a list of the data files that appear. Next, choose the data file that was discovered earlier in the search. To finish, click the OK button.
Hopefully, you won’t see the “Outlook data file cannot be accessible” problem anymore.
Method 3. Consider Using Recovery Toolbox for Outlook to Fix a Corrupt .pst file Manually
What happens, however, if any of your communications or programs disappear? First, try Recovery Toolbox for Outlook, the top-rated program available offline and online, to fix a corrupt .pst file.
With the aid of Recovery Toolbox for Outlook, you can restore any emails, attachments, tasks, calendars, Outlook contacts, and WAB contacts from functional and damaged Outlook databases. This tool can recover Outlook data files in case of a format, an accidental deletion, the fragmentation of PST files into several portions that are dispersed randomly on the disc, and the like. The Recovery Wizard will guide you through each required step to effectively complete the process. Before recovery, a preview option is accessible, and utilizing it is free. Another important feature is exporting retrieved emails in another format (Outlook, Outlook Express, Vista Mail, or EML).
The program completely automates all of the tasks. As a result, the time needed to retrieve data is considerably reduced.
Use Recovery Toolbox for Outlook to Retrieve Lost Outlook PST Files
Make use of these instructions to recover your Outlook data using Recovery Toolbox for Outlook.
Step 1: Download and Run the program.
Step 2: Search for a corrupt .pst file on your PC.
Step 3: Choose a location and click Search Now.
Step 4: Choose a corrupt .pst file and Click OK.
Step 5: Select the corrupt file and Click Next.
Step 6: Choose Recovery Mode and Click Next.
Step 7: Confirm Yes to start the recovery process.
Step 8: Inspect the data preview and click Next to save the recovered file to a new location.
Step 9: Enter the location to save the .pst file and click Next.
Step 10: Save recovered data as the new .pst file.
Step 11: After checking the successful recovery results, click Finish to exit the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook tool.
Finally, you should replace the damaged file with a recovered one, or add the recovered .pst file to the list of data files in Outlook. For the following versions of Outlook: 2021, 2019, 2016, and 2013, it is done like this:
- Choose the menu item File | Info.
- Next, click the button Account Settings.
- Finally, choose Account Settings in the pop-up menu.
- Choose the Data Files tab and click Remove.
- Click Open File Location and select the recovered file. Click Set as Default.
Done! The problem of a corrupt .pst file has been solved. You may go on communicating safely and with peace of mind.
Method 4. How to fix the code 0x8004010F error online with Recovery Toolbox for Outlook
With Recovery Toolbox for Outlook, you can recover any PST files of different versions: ANSI (Outlook 97-2003), Unicode (2007 and above), and repair password-protected files. With the online Outlook recovery tool, it’s easy to fix the error online on any device and have no difficulty fixing encrypted PST files and restoring OST files of any version.
- Click the Select file and select an Outlook data file with the extension .pst or .ost
- Enter your valid e-mail address
- Press the Continue button
- Wait for the corrupted .pst/.ost file to be recovered
- Download the recovered Microsoft Outlook pst file
The data recovered from the corrupted Microsoft Outlook file will be saved as a new Microsoft Outlook 2016 file with the PST extension, making it possible to recover .pst Microsoft Outlook Personal Folder files on any device with a browser.
Bonus: Convert the Corrupt .OST File to Another Format (like .PST)
If Outlook cannot open an .ost file, you might try exporting it to another program. The Recovery Toolbox for Outlook features OST to PST file converter that is a helpful tool you can use if you want to solve this problem.
You may convert online on any platform (PC, Mac) and upload the corrupted .ost file. After that, you can begin the conversion process – the data will be exported in a format compatible with .pst without any issues. After the process, you will see your recovered data, export the .pst file, and open it in any other program, such as Thunderbird, Mail Spring, Mail Bird, etc.
After reading this article, you will be able to discover a solution to the issue where the Outlook data file cannot be accessible. Whenever Outlook is unable to access an .ost file, you can attempt to fix or convert it to a .pst format using Recovery Toolbox for Outlook. This tool makes it easy for you to access your valuable data stored on Microsoft Outlook or any other email service.
Outlook uses PST files and sometimes it’s needed to view one. Read our article Free MS Outlook PST Viewer to learn more.