There are a lot of reasons why an Outlook data file cannot be accessed, but the most common of them all is the 0x8004010F error that appears when sending/receiving mail in Outlook 2010/2013/2016. If you have experienced this error, then this article is for you.
The presence of 0x8004010F error indicates a corrupted Outlook profile or trying to access a moved .PST file.
The error looks like this.
In the official M.S knowledge base article, it is recommended to completely recreate the Outlook profile in such a situation but this solution is highly inapplicable, especially when several mailboxes are connected in the Outlook configuration. This would be a very complicated process as you would somehow have to remember the password for all of them.
Small spoiler: error was fixed by use Recovery Toolbox for Outlook from https://outlook.recoverytoolbox.com/outlook-data-file-cannot-be-accessed.html
Fortunately, there is an easier solution, which is to create a temporary .PST file and switch the delivery to it. After which you will need to recover the old delivery file. This method is applicable for Outlook 2010/2013 and Outlook 2016 / 365.
Below is a detailed instruction on how to do this:
NOTE: This solution will not fix the error if you are using an Outlook profile connected to the Exchange mail server via MAPI / MAPI over HTTP.
Open the account settings window by clicking File-> Account Settings -> Account Settings
Select your mail account and click Change Folder.
Create a new temporary Outlook Data File, which creates an arbitrary folder (in my case, the Inbox folder was created automatically).
Select this folder and click OK.
Now, Outlook uses the newly created folder as the message delivery folder. Now you need to switch to the original Inbox in the original file. It is done in the same way using the Change Folder button.
Close your account settings and click the Send / Receive button. Error 0x8004010F should be gone.
Advice. Do not forget to manually delete the temporary pst file on disk, because when deleting a pst file from Outlook configuration, it is not deleted on disk.
If this method does not work for you, check the NTFS permission on the .PST file. If there are no problems here, you will have to recreate the profile and reconnect the old .PST files.
Use a Recovery Toolbox for Outlook https://outlook.recoverytoolbox.com/outlook-data-file-cannot-be-accessed.html .
Gain Ownership of Your Outlook Data File
Problems due to incorrect file permissions are common on Windows computers. If you encounter a problem like this with Outlook, it might be due to the wrong permission setting for the ownership of the data file.
You can fix this permission issue by taking back ownership of your user account.
Here’s how you do that:
- Launch File Explorer and navigate to the directory with your Outlook data file. Use the first section of this guide to find out where Outlook stores data files.
- Right-click the Outlook data file and select Properties.
- Click the Security tab and select Advanced.
- Click Change next to the Owner to change the owner of the selected file.
- Place the cursor in the Enter the object name to select field, enter the computer user name, and click Check Names. Then click OK.
- Make sure the Access column next to your username says Full Control. Then click OK.
Microsoft Repair Tool
Sometimes after applying these steps, outlook might still be unable to access the data. If this occurs then you must use the Microsoft repair tool. The Microsoft tool can be used to repair or fix all issues that have to do with Office programs, including Outlook.
Here’s how to make use of it:
- Open the Settings app.
- Select Apps on the following screen.
- Scroll down the apps list until you find Microsoft 365 or Microsoft Office.
- Click the Office entry and select Modify.
- Click on Yes if asked for permission.
- The repair tool will ask how you want to repair Outlook and other Office apps. Choose Quick Repair and see if it fixes the problem. If it doesn’t, select the Online Repair option for a thorough repair of your apps.
Data files are crucial for Outlook to send and receive emails. The outlook may display various errors if these files are corrupted or unavailable. The above methods will fix the data file access error; if NOT then you can also repair Outlook using the method below:
Repair Outlook Using the Repair Tool
There are a lot of other useful E-mail recovery services out there, with just a few drawbacks. They are paid. Sometimes it comes down to deciding which is more valuable to you, a mailbox, or $50?
This is how much the license for Recovery Toolbox for Outlook costs.
But, it may not be necessary to purchase the program as there are two other file recovery options for you.
Here they are:
- The free version of Recovery Toolbox for Outlook: The advantage of using this program is that it allows you to assess whether recovery is possible in this case. If it is possible, the program recreates the structure of a mailbox and allows you to view letters and other objects with the ability to save up to 5 objects in each folder.
- The online version of Recovery Toolbox for Outlook: The online version https://outlook.recoverytoolbox.com/online/ of the program for $ 10 allows you to restore all existing objects to folders (letters, calendars, reminders, etc.)
If these do not work out, you can then purchase the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook for $50. It allows you to recover an unlimited number of offline documents and most importantly, it also allows you to save your confidential data (although all versions insure you against leakage of your data).
If you need to proceed with the data recovery here are a few steps to downloading the software:
How to Install the Recovery Toolbox for Outlook
- Download the latest version of Recovery Toolbox for Outlook from the developer’s site https://outlook.recoverytoolbox.com/outlook-data-file-cannot-be-accessed.html .
- Install the program. To do this, just click on the downloaded file.
- Use the program shortcut from the desktop to get started.
- Select a mailbox in Outlook format that gives the “Outlook data file cannot be accessed” error.
- Recover the selected mailbox and evaluate the results. If you have already purchased the program, you can save the recovery results.
In general, Recovery Toolbox for Outlook works with almost any version of Microsoft Outlook, and you can install it on any computer with Windows OS, even without an Internet connection.
Online file Recovery service
If you do not intend to install the program or pay the $50 license fee, you can make use of the online email recovery service which costs only $10 and allows you access to 1 GB of information.
It works from any device, not necessarily a P.C. You can upload the files from your tablet or cellphone. Ensure you are connected to a good internet provider.
Here is how the online service works:
- Open the link https://outlook.recoverytoolbox.com/online/
- Select the required file with the * .pst extension on your local disk to upload to the site.
- Input the email address and CAPTCHA code.
- Pay for an email recovery service.
- Download the recovered file.
- Connect the PST format file in Outlook.
Despite all the security and confidentiality guarantees provided by the developer, the online method is not for all users as data could be intercepted by hackers after recovery.
It is usually best to install the offline version just to ensure safety.
So these are all the options available to you as a user. It is always best to consider options and make the decision that best works for you.
Maybe it’s still worth looking for some free solutions and end up losing another hour, day, or two on it?
And don’t forget about backup, this is the most reliable way to keep your data safe, and we’re not just talking about email.
Learn more about Outlook and its files in our articles: