Currently, there are plenty of video editing software, each of them with some special feature that makes it different from the others. Among so many of them, we have chosen the Movavi Video Editor 14 Plus to make a professional review, because it is one of the more easy-to-use programs. Whether you are barely beginning in the video editing world or you have been working in this audiovisual field for years, this one is a great choice for make the quickest video editing, and we will show you why in this Movavi Video Editor Review.
This program is valuable for many reasons, but the main one is its easy-to-use interface. But don’t misunderstand me, this doesn’t mean that it is a basic software, on the contrary, even the Movavi Free version has plenty of options you can only find in professional gamma software. Besides, Movavi is available for different versions of Windows and Mac, which makes it a pretty versatile program and a great option for a wider spectrum of users.
One of the first characteristics we joyfully find when we start our Movavi Video Editor is its clean and simple interface, specially created to prevent the beginner user to feel overwhelmed due to many different and possibly unnecessary options. All the features of the interface are strategically located, in a pleasing disposition to the sight and practical for all the fundamental needs. The timeline is in the bottom part of the screen and an assortment of useful tools on the left side.
If you have more than one screen, it is possible to split the software view to watch them in a wider and more comfortable way. You can, by example, make the timeline and the tools to remain on the main screen whilst the video monitor is large and clear on the secondary screen. Depending on your screen’s size, you can make a substantial expansion of the Movavi’s timeline, because we all know how uncomfortable is to work with a limited timeline space.
Adding and editing videos
To add video files to your edition project you can choose one of the next two methods:
- Add media files: this method allows you to search any video form your computer’s folders and to add it into the project. You can also add a full folder with several video files on it, and Movavi Video Editor will show them in the same order you have saved them on the computer, but this order is also customizable and you can choose whichever video you want to be displayed above.
- Drag and drop: You can freely drag a video directly from the containing folder and release it on the Movavi’s interface, and it will automatically add it to the timeline.
Right above the Movavi’s timeline, you will find the more common tools to make the video editing process, as cut the video or adjust it, so you don’t necessarily need to navigate over the different menus to access them. This feature is the responsible for making the work easier, and this is why Movavi Video Editor is the perfect video editing software for beginners. If you click on the gear icon that is on the same fast-access toolbar, you will find the advanced editing options, such as to zoom in or zoom out, image stabilization, slow motion, and other tools usually available only in more advanced professional editing software.
Another available feature of Movavi Video Editor is its capacity for audio recording, directly on the timeline. This option is located on the upper toolbar of the Movavi’s interface. This is pretty useful in case you don’t have any other audio recorder software, or if you just want to save up all the time as possible; so instead of previously recording the audio and dragging it into the timeline (as of course, you can do as well), you can directly record it into your project. So if you are a YouTuber, or if you make any kind of video where it is necessary some superimposed narration, this option is ideal for you.
Transitions and effects
Movavi Video Editor is designed with a great variety of effects and different transitions available when it comes to the video editing. And they are not hidden! You just need to click on the effects or transitions button from the left bar, select the video effect of your preference and drag it on to the video clip. If you want it to be extended over the whole timeline video set, you just have to right-click the effect or transition button and select the “Apply to all clips” option. Another time saving feature!
Exporting your video
The export process for your videos is in Movavi as simple and swift as all the other functions. In the Export window, you can find all the necessary specifications to save our already finished project: resolution, quality, video format, audio format, etc. The more experienced eye will notice that there are missing some Render/Export options that other professional programs offer, but most of them are not even necessary for the average project, and it only makes those software to run slowly and inefficient. Movavi includes the interesting option of uploading the finished video directly to your YouTube account, in case you are a YouTuber and you have a channel to take care of. We are in a social networks era, and Movavi knows it!
Movavi Video Editor is available in two different versions: Movavi Free and Movavi Premium.
- Free: You can download the Movavi trial version from its official website: https://www.movavi.com/videoeditor With the Movavi Free version you will be able to use the program free of charge for 7 days starting at the installation moment.
- Premium: For only $59.95 you can purchase the Premium version of Movavi Video Editor. This is a lifetime payment, no monthly or yearly dues, and you can use it in one computer at a time.
Minimum System Requirements
- Microsoft Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8 with up-to-date patches/service packs installed.
- Intel or AMD or compatible processors, 1GHz.
- Minimum graphics display resolution of 1024×768, 32-bit color.
- 256MB RAM for Windows 2000 and XP, 512MB for Vista, 1GB for Windows 7 and Windows 8.
- Minimum 250MB free hard disk space for installation, 2GB for ongoing operations.
Movavi Video Editor also works great on MacOS as you can see on the screenshots in this article.
Movavi Video Editor is simple but highly complete program for your video edition. This software aims to a not so professional market, where the average users still can make video edition without breaking their brains out. This is, by far, one of the best video editing software for beginners, because it is possible to learn how to use it in minutes. The bad thing? It can get slow sometimes because it is not so powerful as professional software, but there is no doubt that it has enough good characteristics that compensate this deficiency, as its advanced options, its affordable price and its easy-to-use beautiful interface.
- Easy to use. Intuitive and simple handling interface.
- Attractive effects and transitions gallery, just one click away.
- Advanced options you can only find on professional expensive software.
- You can test the power and features of the program with the Movavi trial for 7 days.
- If you choose the Premium version, you’ll agree the price is fair and worthy, considering it is only one payment for the Movavi Video Editor 14 Plus during a lifetime.
- It’s kind of short in options for advanced professional use.
- Not so powerful in its editing processes as other software.
- Depending on the project size, it may perform slowly at the start or when it comes to add effects and transitions.
You can download Movavi Video Editor on the official website.
If you would like to learn more about video editing software check your article about Top 10 best video editing software.