Repair Outlook.PST with Microsoft Outlook PST Fix software
According to expert forecasts for 2023, the number of email users will exceed 4 billion, who will send and receive up to 347 billion daily emails on desktop and mobile devices with Microsoft Outlook.
When personal folders and data are missing or become corrupt, Outlook users face the need to repair Outlook .PST files stored locally in their Outlook profiles. To restore access to vital email messages with attachments, contacts, notes, tasks, and more, we advise using Microsoft Outlook PST Fix software for PC and Online service for recovering Outlook data files for any other platforms. These tools from Recovery Toolbox are perfect for Outlook Data Files (.PST and .OST) in Outlook for Microsoft 365, Outlook 2019, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2010, and Outlook 2007.
Method 1. Repairing .PST files with the Outlook Inbox Repair tool.
If you cannot open your Outlook data file or suspect that the file is damaged, use the Inbox Repair tool (SCANPST.EXE) if you need to diagnose and repair errors in your Outlook data file in the following situations:
- Outlook can’t open your data file
- Outlook can’t open the set of folders
- Outlook data file may be damaged
The Inbox Repair tool will not connect and analyze any data in an Exchange mailbox. Instead, the tool only checks errors (corruption), and if there are any, it allows the tool to fix those errors.
You may need to locate your Outlook Data Files in Outlook before repairing corrupt .pst files:
- First, select File, Choose Account Settings, andClick Account Settings.
- Next, select the Data Files tab.
- You will see all Outlook Data Files (.PST) and Offline Data Files (.OST) listed, along with the account name the files are associated with.
To repair an Outlook (.PST) file:
- Exit Microsoft Outlook and go to one of these locations:
- For Outlook 2019: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- For Outlook 2016: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\root\Office16
- For Outlook 2013: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office15
- For Outlook 2010: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office14
- For Outlook 2007: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12
- Open SCANPST.EXE.
- Next, Click Browse to choose the Outlook Data File (.PST) you want to scan.
- Click Start to scan.
- If the scan finds errors, Click Repair to start fixing them.
- When the process is complete, start Outlook with the profile associated with the Outlook Data File you just repaired.
Method 2. Outlook .PST file Repair with Recovery Toolbox for Outlook
The PST repair tool restores data from damaged Outlook files and repairs errors in Outlook 2007, Outlook 2010, Outlook 2013, Outlook 2016, Outlook 2019, and Outlook for Microsoft 365 as:
- The file Outlook.pst cannot be opened.
- “Fatal Error 80040818” when you try to repair the PST file.
- “An unknown error prevented access to the file. Error 0x80070570.”
Features of the PST File Fixer
- OST to PST converter
- Repairing PST files of Microsoft Outlook 97-2003 (ANSI format).
- Repairing PST files from Microsoft Outlook 2007-2016 and above (UNICODE format).
- Repairing 2Gb error for PST files from Microsoft Outlook 97/98/2000/2003/XP.
- Repairing password-protected/encrypted PST and OST files.
- Reading and recovering encrypted PST or OST files.
- Free OST viewer.
- Recovering Outlook emails.
- Download Recovery Toolbox for Outlook here https://outlook.recoverytoolbox.com/fix-pst-file/
- Install Recovery Toolbox for Outlook on PC
- Run Recovery Toolbox for Outlook
- Choose a PST file on the first page of the program
- Select the Recovery mode
- View the content of the PST file
- Select a folder for saving converted data
- Select the Save as PST file mode
- Click Save
Method 3. Repairing Outlook.PST Online
- Click the Select file button. Choose an Outlook data file with the extension .pst or .ost
- Enter your valid email address
- Click the Continue button
- Wait for the corrupted .PST/.OST Microsoft Outlook file to be recovered
- Download the recovered Microsoft Outlook PST file
The data newly recovered from the corrupted Microsoft Outlook file will be saved as a new Microsoft Outlook 2016 file with the PST extension in Unicode format.
Highly acclaimed by users Recovery Toolbox for Outlook utilizes the most advanced PST file-analysis methods aimed at opening Outlook data files with different degrees of damage inflicted by all types of accidents like virus attacks, power failures, network errors, hardware problems, software bugs, RAID or HDD failure, and others.
Recovery Toolbox for Outlook can recover all types of objects from damaged Exchange Server (OST) and Outlook (PST) storage files: email messages with attachments, contacts, notes, tasks, and more. You can also use the Outlook PST fixer as a PST viewer.
Learn more about fixing Outlook errors in our article The data file for Outlook is inaccessible? Get Your Outlook emails back!